Students select which bachelor’s degrees they will receive
Bachelor of Science in Integrated Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Studies (requires 16 credits of one foreign language other than American
There are four different aspects to each student’s Integrated Studies degree:
1. General Education Requirements
Successful completion of DSU General Education courses, transfer credits that articulate to DSU General
Education courses, and/or courses designated as fulfilling the same General Education requirement at
another Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) institution.
A previously earned Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or bachelor’s degree from a regionally
accredited institution. (Refer to Policy 5-47, Academic Transfer)
Students with a previously earned degree from an institution outside USHE who matriculate after July 1,
2010, must meet DSU and Utah Board of Regents minimum standards in American Institutions, English
(composition), and Mathematics / Quantitative Literacy.
A Registrar’s Certificate of General Education Completion from a USHE institution.
2. Integrated Studies Core Requirements (grade of C or higher required in each course)
Complete the following:
- INTS 3100 Interdisciplinary Studies (3.0)
- INTS 3900 Interdisciplinary Topics (3.0)
- INTS 4890R Independent Study 1-3 Hours
- INTS 4950R Integrated Studies Senior Thesis 3 Hours
3. Emphasis Area Requirements (see specific Degree Worksheet Requirements)
Emphasis 1 Minimum 21 credits, 15 must be upper-division
Emphasis 2 Minimum 21 credits, 15 must be upper-division
4. Graduation Requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 120 credits
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at DSC for institutional residency
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher
- Grade C or higher in each Core Integrated Studies and Emphasis Area course
For more information review the complete listing of Graduation Requirements.